- Mafikeng Campus: Reference: TSO-05/2017
- Lichtenburg Campus: Reference: TA-06/2017
- PERSAL Appointment
- Salary Scale: R 389 145 - R458 385 pa (Excluding Service Benefits): Salary Level 10
- A recognised three-year degree or equivalent tertiary qualification (REQV)
- An appropriate teaching qualification
- A minimum of six (6) years relevant experience at a TVET (or similar) institution, of which at least two (2) years at a management level
- A valid Code EB (08) – at least - driver’s licence
- Computer literacy that includes Mocrosft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Qualification as Assessor AND Moderator.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- A sound knowledge of the latest developments and transformational issues within the TVET college sector
- Extensive experience in manging people, especially staff members, students, their parents, employers, Government entities and other stakeholders
- Experience in the development, planning, implementation and reporting on budgets, the management of finances, the management of infrastructure and facilities, ICT, MIS (data and information management), student campus life as well as aspects of occupational health and safety at the site
- Management and control of the academic activities at the campus
- Coordination of student governance and extra-curricular activities
- Sound knowledge of SETA, QCTO, Umalusi and NEA – examinations and assessment - processes
- Highly result oriented and self-driven
- A go-getter
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills
- Startegic planning abilities
Key Performance Areas
- Conduct internal and external stakeholder workshop
- Liaise with the Academic Manager and Heads of Divisions HoDs to facilitate a two-way exchange that facilitates academic performance delivery
- Market at networking events and campus functions
- Respond to internal and external opportunities to promote the campus and maintain stakeholder relations and partnerships
- Actively advocate, support and facilitate student and staff workplace integrated learning (WIL)
- Compile with the annual campus income, expenditure and capital budgets and monitor actual performance
- Secure, manage and maintain fixed and moveable property of the campus
- Manage campus security.
- Establish and maintain campus administration systems
- Authorise/Recommend expediture against the budget for the procurement of goods and services.
- Procure goods and services for the campus
- Manage the human resources of the campus, including on Labour Relations and Staff Wellness matters Establish and maintain effective programme administration systems on the campus
- Oversee the compilation of the timetable and resolve timetable conflicts
- Monitor the delivery of programmes
- Facilitate the provision of a holistic and effectively supported learning experience for students.
Closing Date for submission of applications is March 31, 2017.
NB! The College, as a public institution, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with the express intention of promoting proper representivity through a selection process that is based on race, gender and disability. The College reserves the right not to appoint and/or to withdraw the advertised posts.